Dec 01, 2005|
1. Anti-ageing cream by Exyste for men, $560, from harvey nichols
2. Mark Six Boxer shorts for men, $70, from G.O.D.
3. Couples corkscrews, $630 each, by Alessi
4. “Blondes Brunettes Redheads” little black book by Smythson, $485, from Harvey Nichols
5. IPod video by Apple Macintosh, from $2,400, Designer Group
6. Stingray-skin and silver pig, $7,500, by Xquisit
7. LOMO Camera, $470, from G.O.D.
8. Fragranced ink, $100, by Mont Blanc
9. Wooden massage toys, $40-$45, from City’super
10. Travel clutch by Smythson, $3,865, from Harvey Nichols
11. Easter Island aromatherapy oil burner, $65, from G.O.D.
12. Hong Kong style calendar, $150, by G.O.D.
13. Diamond bracelet $68,000, by Xquisit
14. Cat’s bowl, $620, by Alessi
15. Makeup brush set in leather case by Smythson, $2,555, from Harvey Nichols
16. IMac g5 by Apple Macintosh, from $10,300, from Designer Group
17. Benefit bathina body balm, $580, from Lane crawford
18. Moroccan Rose Otto Bath oil by Ren, $420, from Harvey Nichols
19. Ipa-Nima handbag, designed by Christina Yu, $1,500, from Harvey Nichols
20. Moma perpetual calendar, $280, from city'super
21. Luxe Guides boxed set (12 Asian cities), $650, Page One and Lane Crawford
22. Juicer, $160, from G.O.D
23. Giving Good Head shampoo, $200, from Harvey Nichols
24. iBuzz vibrator, $400, from www.ibuzz.co.uk
25. Pony handbag by Jellycat, $250, from Harvey Nichols
26. Roboraptor, $799.90, from Toys R Us
27. Coal, $15/100g or $44/piece, by Franc Franc
28. Woollen gloves ($275) and hat ($220) by Small Paul, $275, from Harvey Nichols
29. Multi-colored turtle, $180, by Shanghai Tang
30. Sony PSP, from $1,780, from Toys R Us
31. Lost - This multiple Emmy award-winning US television program about a group of plane crash survivors on a mighty strange island is not only critically acclaimed, but it’s extremely addictive. Those who have fallen under its hypnotic spell have been known to watch all 20-plus episodes on this DVD set in a single sitting.
32. Seinfeld Season 5 and 6 - This eight-disc DVD box set will be a big hit with fans. It even includes an infamous "puffy shirt."
33. Extras Season 1 - Ricky Gervais’ new series about hopeless actors in search of their big break will be a hit with British comedy fans.
34. Little BritaiN series 1 and 2 - This hit UK series showcasing a lineup of bizarre and quirky characters from the British Isles and is out in a four-disc DVD set.
35. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - For a good old-fashioned movie, grab Tim Burton’s two-disc DVD set, chocked full of extras.
36. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Finally you can watch all six movies back to back. This DVD also features tons of material left on the cutting room floor (including Bai Ling’s deleted scenes).
37. Live 8 - Those who felt cheated by local TV’s botched coverage of the July 2 worldwide concert to fight poverty can now see U2, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, REM, Madonna, a reunited Pink Floyd and nearly every other popular group or musician somewhere on this DVD set.
38. U2 Live from Chicago - Filmed on their recent “Vertigo” tour, this DVD will be a treat for longtime fans who’ve long given up on ever seeing the group play here.
39. Born to Run: 30th Anniversary Edition – The Boss’s three-disc CD/DVD set boasts a remastered version of the classic album, a DVD documentary and a never-before-seen 1975 concert.
40. Madonna: Confessions on a Dancefloor – This CD is a natural stocking stuffer for dancers.
41. Talk To The Hand by Lynne Truss - Those who could use a lesson in essential manners may or may not be delighted to receive this book which details “the utter bloody rudeness of the world today.”
42. Accidental Occidental by Dave McKirdy – Careful, deliberate, funny and insightful poems by the local Renaissance man.
43. Big Black Book by Asia City Publishing - Your essential directory of services, shops and restaurants in Hong Kong.
44. Art and Antiques Guide by Asia City Publishing – A complete compendium to art shopping and antiquing in Hong Kong.
45. Good Food Guide by Asia City Publishing – Your guide to good eating in the city.
46. Doorknob hanger, $69, from city'super
47. Set of three Jumbo hand-bell Christmas orchestra figurines, $98, from City’super
48. Hand-painted glass balls, $55, from Franc Franc
49. Feather Christmas trees, $280 from Franc Franc
50. Acrylic star ornament, from $35, from Franc Franc
51. Dewdrop glass Christmas tree, $200, from Franc Franc
Alessi, 7/F, Sogo Department Store, Causeway Bay, 2869-6377
City’super, Time Square, Causeway Bay, 2506-2888
Designer Group, Shop 1217-1220, 12/F, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, 2504-4122
Franc Franc, 2/F Hang Lung Center, 2-20 Paterson St, Causeway Bay, 3427-3366
G.O.D., Leighton Centre, Sharp St., Causeway Bay, 2890-5555
Godiva, Basement 2, Sogo Department Store, Causeway Bay, 2234-0283
Harvey Nichols, The Landmark, 15 Queen’s Rd. Central, 3695-3388
Lane Crawford, Pacific Place, Admiralty, 2118-3668
Mont Blanc, Shop 266, Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong, 2918-0125
Shanghai Tang, Pedder Building, 12 Pedder St., Central, 2525-7333
Toys R Us, 3/F, Windsor House, Causeway Bay
Xquisit, 76 Wellington St., Central, 2526-1660